Monday, June 11, 2007

Starting Over

Now that I've been back from London for over a month, I decided it was time to retire my London blog and move on. I was told recently that I look, sound, and act just like a kid from New Jersey.

(This is true)

So I'm keeping with my theme. No matter where I am, I'm identified as a "Jersey Girl", and I'm okay with that. The label followed me as far as Italy, where a waiter in an osteria referred to me as "Jersey" all night. It's been with me even growing up on the Jersey shore, where family and friends refer to me as the "Ultimate Jersey Girl".

I'll take it.

This summer I'm living in Ithaca, New York, working and enjoying the rural-ish lifestyle. It's a welcome break from hectic summers at the shore, where tourists are under the impression that they own the place (they rent. we own.) and traffic backs up for miles. Life in Ithaca is relaxing - I can bike almost anywhere, and swimming under a waterfall can be a daily occurrence. Nevertheless, regardless of where I spend my summer, my semesters abroad, and where I go when I graduate, I know I'll always be a Jersey Girl.

1 comment:

Mr Tim said...

You can bike "almost" anywhere, except up hill. n00b.

-Tim